While the Spring Equinox officially happened this week, we can finally say it is Spring!
This marks the point when the days begin to get longer and the nights shorter in the Northern Hemisphere. It is also the time when many cultures and religions celebrate the renewal of life and the return of warmth and light after the dark and cold winter months.
For us, it means starting to cook with bright and fresh ingredients. Meals become more vibrant and light. To kick off the beginning of Spring, we've made Bump veggie pizza.
Try this recipe in the upcoming weeks; it is a great snack for those Spring cleaning days! Let us know what you think. Cheers, friends.
- 1 package Bump Chorizo Sausage, crumbled
- 2 tubes of refrigerator crescent rolls
- 1 8- ounce package of cream cheese - softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope of dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tbsp of dill weed or 1/4 cup of fresh dill - chopped small
- 1 small head of broccoli - cut small
- 3/4 cup match stick or shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper - diced small
- 1 yellow bell pepper - diced small
- 1 English cucumber - diced small
- Preheat the oven to 350° as directed on the crescent roll package instructions.
- Dice all of the vegetables.
- Slice open the Bump Chorizo Sausage, and crumble into pand. Cook to complete.
- Spread crescent rolls across the cookie sheet so that cover the entire cookie sheet.
- Using your fingers pinch the perforations on the crescent rolls to seal them together.
- Bake according to crescent roll package instructions.
- Cool completely before adding toppings (you can also cool it and lightly cover it with a paper towel or plastic wrap and leave on the countertop overnight).
- In a medium-sized bowl, add softened cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dip, and dill; stir until fully mixed.
To assemble the pizza:
- Spread the ranch dill dip all over the baked and cooled crescent roll pizza base.
- Add chopped mixed veggies in this order, broccoli, cucumber, yellow bell peppers, red bell peppers, carrots.
- Top with crumbled Bump sausage
- Cut into equal squares.
- Serve - we suggest sitting by the window, and admiring the sunlight. It is in fact Spring, cheers!