We have really been taking advantage of the crazy Manitoba heat this summer. That has meant lots of visits to our favourite local ice cream shops, begging for invites to pool parties, and of course, leaving the stove off and cooking outside on the grill as much as possible.
As a result, Bump Kofta Kebabs have made a weekly appearance on the menu at our house this summer. To keep things interesting, we’ve been pairing them with a different, tasty summer salad each week. This past week featured our favourite one yet, a delicious dill chickpea salad. It comes together so quickly. Just whisk the sauce, chop your veggies, toss them in a bowl and you’re done! Just don’t skimp on the fresh dill and we guarantee you’ll add this to your summer menu.
- 2 – 540 ml cans of chickpeas, drained and dried.
- 2 cups diced cucumber (one medium English cucumber) peeled if you like.
- 1 1/2 cups (one bunch) radishes, sliced thin.
- 1 1/2 cups diced dill pickles
- 1/2 cups red onion diced (one medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill. Chopped
- 1/2 cup Tahini (don’t forget to stir)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup pickle juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder