Promotional Pop-Up Tent Staff
We're looking for staff to help prepare food and run a BBQ and/or take orders at a promotional tent for us this summer.
Bump Beef + Plant Blend is primarily sold at grocery retailers, and while we’re unable to do conventional in-store sampling (stupid Covid), we’re planning to set up a pop-up tent outside of several of our grocery store partners to offer samples. We’ll also be setting up the tent at several markets and outdoor patios where a limited menu of dishes like kofta kabobs, Bump burgers, dumplings, and ginger citrus salads will be offered for sale.
Term – The pop-up tent is going to run from early July to early September.
Hours –We need someone with flexible availability and want between 30-40 hours a week. Work will be scheduled mainly during the day Mon-Fri, with some evenings and weekends required.
Responsibilities - You will primarily be responsible to work the tent BBQ and prepare samples and meals following established recipes and/or take orders from customers and hand out samples. You may also need to support the advanced preparation of the food to be served in the tent. Our health permit requires that everything be prepared and cooked in advance in a commercial kitchen so there is no food prep done on site.
You will be responsible to follow our protocols intended to protect staff and customers from disease transmission risks in addition to regular safe food handling procedures.
· Setting up, cleaning, and organizing workstations.
· Cooking food and samples according to food health and safety standards.
· Dressing order for presentation.
· Ensuring each order has the correct food and sides.
· Packaging food orders accurately and attractively.
· Storing all food properly.
· Sanitizing and cleaning workstations and utensils.
· Communicating with management to ensure stock and food supplies are re-ordered accurately.
· Taking orders using a digital POS system and receiving payment.
· Handing out BUMP samples and sharing our product story.
· Assisting other team members when needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
This is going to be a unique opportunity to work in an unconventional promotional space. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently are all critical. Other requirements include:
· Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift and able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
· Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks.
· Previous experience working in restaurants an asset.
· Able to work a variety of shifts.
· Must be between 15 and 30 years of age and a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred to.
July 3, 2020 (but get your application in asap, we’ll start interviews as soon as applications are received)
Resumes and cover letters or questions about the pop-up and position can be sent to HR@junofoodlabs.com.